Physiotherapy Program Each resident is assessed using visual scales, range of motion measurement, strength measurement, gait test, the Tinette balance test, the 3 minute walk test and the timed get up and go test. Based on assessment outcomes, each resident is assigned to a physiotherapy regime including one or more of the following objectives.
- Improving residents' static and dynamic balance to assist in preventing falls.
- Improving residents’ mobility potential.
- Improving residents' range of motion.
- Exercises designed specifically for residents recovering from a stroke.
- Improving residents' muscle weakness. This includes an exercise program for the cognitively impaired residents and Well Elderly Exercises for the well elderly residents.
- Therapy for post fractures, arthoplasty, joint replacement and amputation is also offered.