Cybersecurity is a 24×7, 365 days/year concern, but in October there is even more emphasis on the topic. Cybersecurity Awareness Month is designed to draw attention to the issue and provide important information about staying safe online.
For businesses, keeping networks and corporate data safe is mission-critical and needs to be a concern for everyone, not just IT departments. CareWorx recommends the following basic pointers for any organization:
- Be proactive about prevention: Ensure you have systems and processes in place like best practice anti-spam/anti-virus/anti-malware and automated security patch management
- Use supported operating systems: Using unsupported operating systems (OS) (Windows XP, Vista, Server 2003 or 2008 for example) increases your level of vulnerability. Upgrade to a supported OS.
- Organizational training: Employees are you first line of defense against malicious activity and need to be part of the solution. Training about cybersecurity and common threats is essential.
- Backup that ensures continuity: In the event of an attack that breaches all your proactive defenses, have data backup that ensures you can get back to business quickly. Downtime with no access to business data is hazardous to business health!
Have questions about cybersecurity for your business? We can help.
Contact CareWorx to learn more about what you need to keep your business safe.
Additional Cybersecurity Information Resources
- CareWorx Business Guide to Ransomware: Ransomware is a growing issue that we all hear about in the news. Visit our ransomware info page and download our ebook on the topic.
- CareWorx Krack information page: Resources and information about the recent Krack vulnerability.
- Canadian government site GetCyberSafe has information for individuals and businesses. Download the cybersecurity guide for small and medium sized business.
- US-based organization StaySafeOnline has a great resource site for businesses wanting to protect against online attacks, data loss and threats.
- ESET Free Cybersecurity Employee Training Program: Our partner ESET offers businesses a free training program for staff. https://www.eset.com/ca/cybertraining/